TAKE 7 Prayer
TAKE 7 PRAYER
(A Call to 'EXTRODINARY PRAYER' for Revival)
Extraordinary prayer (a term I got from Jonathan Edwards) is when we come together as a body and are united in one purpose and are persistent in praying for that purpose, and in this case, that one purpose is revival.
Revival means many things to many people. My definition of revival is ‘a special work of God’s Holy Spirit where Christians are deeply convicted of their sins, have a hunger for holiness and God’s Word, are faithfully proclaiming the gospel, souls are being saved and God is being glorified’.
And so why do we need revival? Why not just go on living the way we are called to in the Scripture? Well the difference is this, when revival ‘breaks out’ among the Church and its people, these things happen in extraordinary ways. The whole Church is characterized by a great zeal for the things of God, a large number of unbelievers are converted, and the community around the revival takes notice and is often radically affected.
I'm calling you to commit to 7 minutes a day, 7 days a week to pray for 7 requests as it relates to revival.
Pray for the following things:
- For God to be merciful to His Church and pour out His Holy Spirit in a powerful way.
- For God to guide and direct the Deacons & Elders as they seek to serve and shepherd the flock and for the Pastors as they seek to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ (Eph 4:12).
- For yourself and other Christians to be deeply convicted of all sin and to repent.
- For yourself and other Christians to have a zeal for God and the things of God and to live holy lives according to the Scriptures.
- For yourself and other Christians to grow in love for one another, and for those who are lost.
- For yourself and other Christians to have a passion for proclaiming the gospel and leading others to Jesus.
- For God to be glorified in His Church and through the saving of many souls, and that our community will be transformed by the Gospel.
May God be merciful to us and bring the revival we so desperately need in our day