Praying for Sunday Worship
When you come to Church on Sunday you should attend with a certain expectation that you are meeting with the triune God. That is what Sunday worship is all about. Because this is true, worship shouldn't be something you begin preparing for 5 minutes before the service. If you were going to meet a dignitary you would take time to prepare. You most likely would be thinking about the meeting days in advance. You would reflect on what you would say and spend time getting your wardrobe in order. Well how much more should you prepare your heart and mind to encounter God.
To do that I have several suggestions:
1. Read the bulletin in advance. Our bulletin is usually published by Friday evening on the Home page of the website. This will get you familiar with the order of service, the songs we will be singing and the scripture text I will be preaching on.
2. Review the scripture text. Read over it several times so you are familiar with it before the sermon.
3. Pray for your heart to be ready to meet with God. Pray for your children and others to be prepared.
Well, in addition to the above I ask that you would join with me and covenant before God to pray every Saturday night for Sunday's worship service.
Pray the following requests:
- That God will be glorified
- That Jesus will be lifted up and praised
- That the Holy Spirit will be poured out upon us in mighty way
- That God's Word will go forth with power
- and that people will be saved and the Saints will be edified (built up in the faith
To help you remember we have created a magnet (hang in a visible location, refrigerator, etc.) called 'Without Ceasing'. On the magnet are listed the above requests. You can pick one up at the Church.