Golden Eagles Seniors
The Senior Adult Ministry of First Presbyterian Church exists to help our people grow in their faith, prepare to meet their Maker, serve in the local church, and extend the Kingdom of God.
This group is now called the Golden Eagles (Isaiah 40:31) as we believe that seniors can renew their strength and contribute to the body of Christ using the skills and knowledge gained over many decades of life.
The Golden Eagles engage in projects during the year:
- The Ministry of Prayer is ongoing as seniors worship and pray together.
- All are encouraged to attend Bible Studies in an intergenerational setting (Titus 2).
- Luncheons with a variety of speakers occur monthly.
- Publication of a monthly newsletter distributed each month at the luncheons.
- Seniors give financial and other support to one or more missions.
- Seniors serve in the church; help keep the sanctuary clean, work in the church office, assist with child care on Sundays, and so forth.
- Sheperding Eagles attend to seniors by making visits, phone calls, sending cards of encouragement for birthdays, and checking to see if anyone needs assistance.
All seniors are welcome to attend the luncheons and take part in all functions. The luncheons take place on Thursdays, in the Chapel at the FPC campus, at 12:30. You may sign up for luncheons in the narthex or by calling the church office at 954-752-3030.
The Steering Committee
The Steering Committee meets the last Tuesday of each month at 1 P.M. in Pastor Addison's office. This Committee plans Golden Eagles activities, projects, and luncheons. Any one is welcome to attend the Steering Committee meetings and provide input regarding this senior ministry.
The Golden Eagles' project for 2012-2014 is to lend support to the Gonaives Children's Home in Haiti. Monies collected at the monthly luncheons will go to that home for help with costs.